We are looking for someone to join our team as a Senior Technical Support Engineer. This customer-facing position provides tier-1 and tier-2 support for eZuce's openUC products to its' resellers and direct customers. The position is required to perform a variety of tasks, relying on troubleshooting skills, extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and resolve customer issues. The position may lead and direct projects involving internal personnel and customers to resolve customer issues; a wide degree of creativity and lateral thinking is expected. Some limited travel is involved in the position.
This is an excellent opportunity for an energetic self-starter.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide remote Tier-1 technical support for customer issues relating to the installation, operations, and administration of openUC.
- Provide onsite technical support (if necessary)
- Provide Tier-2 support for issues including setup of environment to mirror customer installation and replication of problem
- Interact with eZuce Engineering for providing tier-3 support. This includes summarizing all current findings for Engineering; gathering additional information as requested
- Communicate current status of findings with customer
- Provide technical documentation as required
- Provide tools for use in troubleshooting problems
- Maintain record of customer trouble reports including initial submission, analytical steps, root cause, and resolution
- Develop entries in Knowledgebase / FAQ from case resolution
- Develop knowledge of the third-party products that have been certified with openUC
- Develop knowledge of the technologies including protocols used in openUC
- Perform other related duties as assigned
If you are interested or want more information please contact or submit your resume to Dave Deutschman email@example.com
Commercial support for the community edition sipXecs is not provided. Full commercial support is available from eZuce for the commercial edition openUC. eZuce offers the following:
- Level 3 support with SLA
- Commercial software maintenance
- Training and Documentation
- Professional Services
- Support to Partners
eZuce was founded by the founders of SIPfoundry. Getting support from eZuce means getting support from the core contributors to sipXecs. Therefore, eZuce is in a unique position to offer high quality support with fixes developed by the maintainers of the software.
eZuce is focused to support mid-size to large organizations as well as partners serving such organizations. In addition, eZuce offers a training, certification and accreditation program to partners serving the SMB market.
Through its mailing lists, forum and Wiki, the SIPfoundry community offers help to users of the sipXecs solution. Issues can be filed using the SIPfoundry issue tracker. The process of how to file an issue or suggest a new feature is described on the SIPfoundry Wiki. We are making every effort to resolve issues as fast as possible, but of course cannot guarantee any time line. Issues that affect many users and are reported with good problem description, a snapshot and call trace that shows the problem, and are reproducible are easier to fix. If you are in need of support guarantees or a service level agreement, you should talk to eZuce for a commercial support arrangement.
SIPfoundry and its contributors and members make every effort to provide quality software. We issue maintenance releases for every major release of sipXecs that becomes available. Timing of these maintenance releases varies.
Software Maintenance and Support to EDU Members
A special offering for software maintenance and level 3 support is available to SIPfoundry EDU members. Refer to the membership agreement for details or contact us for more information.
Support, Integration and Deployment Partners
If you are interested in becoming a partner, contact us for further information. We will be announcing more details about our partner program shortly. We are planning to offer training and certification for partners interested in working with the sipXecs solution and we are looking for qualified partners.